WELCOME TO COLIN'S AQUARIUM

Here you will see what i have been up to with my aquarium you may find something that helps you.
Powered By Blogger

About Me

Norwich, United Kingdom
I used to work in the garage at eastern counties bus company. But in 1985 i had a bad car accident Which left me disabled. I have always liked and kept tropical fish of all kinds but my passion is discus. I only recently managed to breed them.
Google

Sunday 21 October 2007

UV STERILIZER IN A DISCUS TANK

Well i am so glad i bought that uv sterilizer from ebay it was £29 plus £6 postage worth every penny they should cost arround £60. I can now leave the lights on 10 hours with no algae problems at all as i have a huge window in my front room i could only have the lights on for 6 hours a day and still had problems with algae. Since putting the uv in i hav'nt cleaned the glass once and the water is crystal clear the unit is internal and made by fish r fun. I know you have to change the bulbs every 6 months at a cost of £12 but its well worth it because it also kills disease so no more medications to buy.

No comments: