WELCOME TO COLIN'S AQUARIUM

Here you will see what i have been up to with my aquarium you may find something that helps you.
Powered By Blogger

About Me

Norwich, United Kingdom
I used to work in the garage at eastern counties bus company. But in 1985 i had a bad car accident Which left me disabled. I have always liked and kept tropical fish of all kinds but my passion is discus. I only recently managed to breed them.
Google

Monday 3 September 2007

ALL SETTLED IN

The stendkers have settled in nicely now the first day they were very scatty hitting the tank both ends every time we moved. The first water change i did was a nightmare but they are slowly getting used to the new surroundings. May take a while before they trust me but they will as i remeber the first 8 discus i bought were like this for a week or so. I have changed my water parameters to suite these discus. I have got the tds up to 250 ppm and ph is now 7.5 as i was told that these german discus grow quicker in harder water. I don't like the ph that high but its the only way i can get the hardness up. I don't want to start adding acids and chemicals i was told the ph does'nt matter with these discus as they are easier to keep. But as soon as they have grown an inch bigger i will get back to my normal routine. I feel better when i have low ph and softer water.

No comments: