WELCOME TO COLIN'S AQUARIUM

Here you will see what i have been up to with my aquarium you may find something that helps you.
Powered By Blogger

About Me

Norwich, United Kingdom
I used to work in the garage at eastern counties bus company. But in 1985 i had a bad car accident Which left me disabled. I have always liked and kept tropical fish of all kinds but my passion is discus. I only recently managed to breed them.
Google

Friday 10 August 2007

JUST A FEW LINES ABOUT MY SETUPS
















I have 2 juwel rio 400's when i bought them the first thing i did was get rid of the hideous filter that is stuck in the corner. On both tanks i use eheim 2327 wet and dry termo filters in combination with eheim 2222's. Also i have 150 watt heater thermostats in each in case either fails but touch wood i have always used wet'n dry's and never had any trouble with them. As discus don't like bright light i use aquaglow tubes no reflectors the lights are only on from 2pm till 10pm 8 hours a day. Both the tanks are bear bottom the only things in them are heater, filter pipes, a divider, and a cone, i do have background pictures. Oh and lets not forget water and fish LOL. I also have a tank made by eheim 120tlr this also has a eheim filter a 2213 classic. I use this for the fry when they first leave the parents at about 2 weeks old. This is also a bear tank much easier to maintain and keep clean. Thats about it then there's the R/O's and water treatments that is all done in my spear bedroom i will post about that another day. In the pictures the tank with the planted background is tank 1, The other has rock background is tank 2, The smallest is obviously tank 3, I have to name them as i keep records on water changes etc. Also there are pictures of my filters.

No comments: